Does your missing teeth affect your smile? Is it affecting your confidence?
Are your missing teeth making it difficult to chew your food?
Do not worry anymore. Dr Kanowitz will help you.
NO MORE INCISIONS
1. NO MORE INCISIONS
Forget about Incisions. Get your computer assisted surgery
2. Get the latest Implant System.
4th Generation Implant procedure takes only 15 minutes.
3. Latest Technology = ZERO Pain.
4th Generation Implant ensures painless treatment.
4. EASY PAYMENTS
Our easy payment plan starts with $60 per week.
5. RECOVER FASTER
Latest technology = No Incisions = No Stitches = Faster Recovery.
Dental Implants (RD)
Dental Implants are the latest innovation to replace a missing tooth or a number of teeth. An implant consists of an artificial titanium rod, which is placed directly into the jaw bone and acts as a replacement for the root portion of the natural tooth. The Implant is made using pure titanium, which allows new bone cells to grow.
“Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth, several teeth, and to support partial or full dentures.”
Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental Implants are the most popular option in tooth restoration. The advantages include:
- Improved appearance – Confidence is restored, as they look and feel like natural teeth.
- Durable – they will last a lifetime with proper care and maintenance.
- Improved speech – with poor fitting dentures, teeth may slip in the mouth causing you to mumble words. Dental Implants allow you to speak clearly without any issues.
- Convenience – They function like natural teeth. There is no difficulties in chewing or any need to remove them for cleaning and to apply adhesives in the case of dentures.
A consultation appointment is necessary to see if you are a suitable candidate for dental implants and to explain the process. X-rays and impressions may be taken of your teeth. A treatment plan will then be drawn up detailing the cost and appointments required.
- You will be given a local anaesthetic to numb the area around where the implant is being placed. For patients who are anxious, sedation can be given. The implant is inserted into the jawbone and a screw is placed to prevent debris from entering
- It will take 3 to 6 months for the jaw bone to heal and grow around the implant. This healing process is known as Osseointegration.
- When the implant is secure, a protective cover or ‘healing cap’ is placed over the top of the screw, allowing your gums to heal in the proper shape.
- After the dental implant has undergone the healing process, permanent restoration can be placed. This can be a dental crown, bridge or denture. The dentist will remove the cap and replace it with an abutment and position the dental prosthesis on top of it.
On occasion, it may be necessary to place a temporary crown or bridge for a few months to allow the gum to heal fully before the permanent restoration can be fitted.
Looking after your Implants
Good oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups is essential for gums to remain healthy and ensure they last a lifetime.
“There is always a risk for any surgical or invasive procedure. Hence, before proceeding, we recommend you to seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.”