Are you in constant pain with your teeth? Are your decayed teeth becoming too painful?
Are you looking for ways to have a painless extraction?
Do not worry anymore. Dr Kanowitz will help you.
What Sets us Apart to other Practices
A dental extraction is the process of removing a tooth from the mouth
Reasons for Dental Extraction?
At Dr. Kanowitz Dental & Facial Aesthetics Surgery our objective is to always preserve your existing teeth. However, there are many reasons for a tooth to be extracted these may include:
- Tooth decay –When root canal treatment becomes an unsuitable option for a tooth and the infection has advanced to the nerves and blood vessel.
- Impacted wisdom teeth – Sometimes our mouths do not have enough space for all the teeth and the impacted tooth is blocked from coming out. This is usually the case for wisdom teeth. Extraction prevents it from damaging other teeth and lower the risk of infection.
- Orthodontic Treatment – recommended when there is overcrowding in the mouth and there is no room for teeth to move and realign.
- Periodontal disease – Bacterial infection can damage the tissues under the gum, which connects the tooth. When the disease becomes severe, it progresses to the jaw. This results in the loosening of the tooth, and extraction is the best possible solution.
- Trauma – A tooth that has been damaged due to injury.
The Extraction Process:
There are two types of dental extraction:
- A simple extraction: usually performed on teeth that are visible in the mouth and is usually done under local anesthesic.
- Surgical Extractions – This is carried out on teeth which cannot be seen in the mouth but are below the gum or partially erupted. A local anesthetic will be administered to numb the area before a small incision is made in the gum. The gum is pulled back to expose the whole of the tooth or the root. The dentist then uses the same procedure as a simple extraction to remove the tooth; in some cases, the tooth or root may have to be cut into pieces to be removed.
Mild discomfort is expected following tooth extractions, but you will be given detailed instructions on what to do to alleviate pain and keep the area clean.
When tooth extraction is necessary, Dr Kanowitz offers fast and pain free services. Guiding you through the entire process with expertise and ensures a safe and positive dental experience.
“There is always a risk for any surgical or invasive procedure. Hence, before proceeding, we recommend you to seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.”